Is it necessary to install a thermostat heater? Yes, it is. Why? Because it is compulsory to maintain the right temperature in keeping the fish healthy and living comfortable. Today I’m going to review Eheim Jager aquarium heater.
This amazing heater comes in a few version which are 50 watt, 75 watt, 125 watt, 150 watt, 200 watt, 250 watt and 300 watt. The volume depends on the size of your aquarium. Some reviewer would suggest using the 50 watt Eheim Jager Heater with Fluval Spec III aquarium and I personally will suggest the same because to me, that is a good combination.
Features of The Heater
Based on the product descriptions and my own opinions, these are the features of the heater:
- This heater can be used for saltwater and freshwater
- The precise temperature adjustment of this heater (18 – 34°C) (64°F – 93°F)
- It is designed to be fully submerged or setup with the top out from water as long the water reach the minimum fill line
- Temperature control accuracy of 0.5°C
- Rotating the red ring of the heater to calibrate the temperature
- It comes with mount suction and it is removable
- It comes with safety feature of keeping the heater turned off when the heater is not submerged to the fill line
- It comes with an indicator which is located around the glass heating element section
The Appearance of the Heater
This is the design of the heater itself and the blue dial read in Fahrenheit:
- It comes with a length of 243mm ( 9.57 inches)
- The diameter of glass heating element section is at 25mm (0.98 inches)
- The diameter from the largest point starting from the blue temperature adjustment is 36mm (1.4 inches)
- Power Cord Length is 187cm (74 inches)
Impression of This Amazing Heater
It is a simple device that is very easy to set up. The heater has an adjustment dial where you can set the temperature accordingly. You can set your desired temperature according to the numbers on the blue dial by making sure the red arrow ring is pointing towards the correct number.
The construction of this heater is great because it is made from shock resistant and shatter proof glass. The glass is durable comparing to Hydro Theo heater. The cord is made downright to ensure the heater is able to efficiently getting power source that the heater needs.
However, the temperature reading on this heater is not really accurate and you may need a thermometer to read the temperature correctly. If you set the heater on 75°F and your separate thermometer is showing 78°F, you can set the heater in between 75°F -78°F without moving the blue ring on the heater.
Don’t forget to inspect the heater you just purchase especially the red ring to make sure it is set properly from the factory when u received your purchase. There is no guarantee because the factory may not have it calibrated and you will need to ask them to replace a new one for you. It is important to inspect the heater when you are setting it up in your aquarium. Here is a manual of setting up the heater to help you during the set up.
There’s a lot of mixed comments on Amazon about this product. It may be because the heater is not properly calibrated during its manufacturing and users keep rotating the red ring of the heater until it get malfunctioned. This is why I strongly suggest you to check the heater as soon as you get it by comparing the temperature of the water with another thermostat.
The Price for This Heater?
This is a reasonably priced heater but comparing it with other heater, it is slightly overpriced than some similar heater. The price of this heater is fairly flat. You can compare the price with 50 watt which cost $24.99 on Amazon and 125 watt which cost about $29.99. Of course the bigger the voltage of the heater the higher the price is going to be.
If you’re installing this heater in a bigger aquarium such as 100 gallon tank, this heater will be a great option. The temperature control on this heater is trustworthy but I personally would install a separate temperature controller. That is my preference because I’m used to install a temperature control for my aquarium. This heater is durable and I strongly suggest that this Eheim Jager Thermostat Heater is worth to buy because for a long run it will save you from buying a new heater.